Although small in size, the flax seeds provide the whole health package. These seeds are stocked with proteins, fibres and many other essential nutrients such as lignans which help in digestion, reducing blood pressure, low cholesterol, maintaining sugar levels and prevention of breast cancer, prostate cancer. The total number of benefits of adding flax seeds into the daily diet are too many to mention. These seeds are one of the best ways to gain protein for vegetarians and vegans.
- Flax Seeds Are Loaded With Nutrients
Flax seeds are good sources of many nutrients. Their health benefits are mainly due to their content of omega-3 fats, lignans and fiber.
- Flax Seeds Are High in Omega-3 Fats
Flax seeds are a rich source of the omega-3 fatty acid ALA. Plant-based ALA fatty acids are proven to have heart health benefits and are linked to a lower risk of stroke.
- Flax Seeds Are a Rich Source of Lignans, Which May Reduce Cancer Risk
Flax seeds contain a group of nutrients called lignans, which have powerful antioxidant and estrogen properties. They may help in preventing breast and prostate cancer, as well as other types of cancer.
- Flax Seeds Are Rich in Dietary Fiber
With so much fiber packed in each tiny seed, adding flax seeds to your diet promotes regular bowel movements and can improve your digestive health.
- Flax Seeds May Improve Cholesterol
The high fiber content of flax seeds can help lower cholesterol and may play an important role in improving heart health.
- Flax Seeds May Lower Blood Pressure
Flax seeds have been proven to lower blood pressure and are especially helpful for those with high blood pressure.
- They Contain High-Quality Protein
Flax seeds are a good source of plant-based protein and can be an alternative protein source for people who do not eat meat.
- Flax Seeds May Help Control Blood Sugar
Flax seeds may lower blood sugar due to their insoluble fiber content. They can be a beneficial addition to the diet of people with diabetes.
- Flax Seeds Keep Hunger at Bay, Which May Aid Weight Control
Flax seeds keep you full for longer and may help you manage your weight by controlling your appetite.
- Flax Seeds Can Be a Versatile Ingredient
Flax seeds are versatile and can be easily added to your daily diet. There are a variety of recipes you can try.
The white sesame seed has many names. Popularly consumed all across India, these seeds are one of the oldest oil based seeds known to us. The nutty and fragrant seeds add a wonderful touch to Asian and middle eastern dishes. Sesame seeds are known for their fibers and proteins. They help in cell formation inside the body and strengthen the bones.
- Good Source of Fibre
- Nutritious Source of Plant Protein
- May Help Lower Blood Pressure
- Support Healthy Bones
- Reduce Inflammation
- Good Source of B Vitamins
- Aid Blood Cell Formation
- May Aid Blood Sugar Control
- May Support Your Immune System
- Support Thyroid Health
- Aid Hormone Balance During Menopause